Irlen Overlays are the original colored overlay technology. They are used by hundreds of thousands of students and over one-million people worldwide. Irlen Overlays are the only colored overlays available backed by more than a decade of scientific research and used by more than 4,000 school districts worldwide.
Colored overlays are most effective for individuals whose difficulties are isolated to reading. If you experience challenges with writing, math, depth perception, night driving, or the environment, colored filters (worn as glasses) will be your best treatment option. However, colored overlays are an important first step in determining whether the Irlen Method can work for you and provide your first experience with relief.
Colored Overlays can help
- Improve print clarity and stability
- Reduce strain and fatigue
- Eliminate headaches
- Improve comprehension
- Tracking and keeping your place while reading
- Make reading faster
- Allow you to read longer and with comfort
“The use of Irlen Colored Overlays and filters may provide the fighting chance many at-risk readers deserve.”
– The Reading Teacher. William Henk, Ed.D, Associate Professor of Education and Reading Pennsylvania State University.
Colored Overlays Work
“After 3 months of using Irlen Colored Overlays, students demonstrated significant improvement in reading achievement with gains between 1 year 8 months to 2 years 8 months.”
– Australian Journal of Learning Disabilities
“Our research has shown an immediate and significant increase in reading speed using colored overlays.”
– Applied Psychology Unit, Cambridge University